Diving Tenerife - PADI Search and Recovery Speciality
Oops sorry about this I've just dropped the car keys in the harbour...
NO !!The strap on my computer has broken and it fallen overboard!
People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even loose things while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success, along with methods to recover small, large or awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
What will you learn on the Search and Recovery Speciality?
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn. During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a compass and natural navigation for search patterns
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Limited visibility search techniques
How long will it take?
Four dives over two days.
Knowledge Development session
PADI Search and Recovery Diver manual
PADI (Junior) Advanced Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years old can enroll in the Search and Recover Diver course. PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers with a PADI Underwater Navigator certification also qualify.